Give the gift of a smile this holiday season. Perhaps you’ve never thought of giving a dental plan for Christmas, but it may just be the perfect gift for your son or daughter who’s away at college, an aging parent, or a friend who owns a small business.
Check out our dental plans to see which one would make the best gift for someone you care about.
As the year comes to a close, it’s time to take a look at oral health.
- An estimated 1 in 5 children go without dental care each year. – Pew Center on the States, 2010
- Almost 35% of Americans have neglected going to the dentist for the entire past year. – Gallup poll
- Tooth decay affects anywhere from 60-90% of teenagers and adults. – World Health Organization
- Almost 75% of American adults have some form of gum disease and are not even aware of it. – American Dental Hygienist Association
- Tooth decay is the most common and yet most preventable disease among U.S. children. The disease is five times more common than asthma and seven times more common than hay fever. – Academy of General Dentistry
Different sources agree: Good dental care is really important, but many people either can’t afford it or don’t have access to it.
Many gifts go unused or sit on a shelf for the rest of the year, but this unique and much-appreciated gift can make a huge difference in someone’s life. Buy a dental plan for someone you love and place affordable dental care within their reach.